Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sent From Your Electronic Heart

There will be a few people/entities that won't agree with me on this one, but I'll still suggest that for the next birthday or event, how about sending and e-card instead of a paper one? I'm talking saving paper, fuel, and the inevitable trash when it gets thrown out two weeks later!

I know the post office will disagree. Hallmark will protest. And my friend in Florida will roll her eyes at because she thinks e-cards are crass. But I don't think any of the sentimentality in the thought is lost if it appears on your screen versus in your mailbox. What else matters? I mean, when was the last time you had the pleasure of opening a card and finding good old cash in it anyway? See? It may as well be electronic! And by the way, those plastic gift cards? They can be sent from the e-heart too . . .